Muscular and Skeletal Health
Rebalance Your Body
Did you know your lack of movement may be affecting your posture and overall health and wellbeing? Do you sit for long periods at your desk, in the car or at home, or perform any other repetitive tasks?
£77.5 Billion is lost per year due to sickness, or illness-related underperformance – That’s 77.5 THOUSAND MILLION – a number the human brain has trouble comprehending!
Sickness due to musculo-skeletal disorders is the largest cause of days lost after minor illnesses (coughs and colds etc.), accounting for 20% of all absences.
With education for your staff we can improve posture, balance and flexibility whilst reducing musculo-skeletal disorders (MSDs), sickness or repetitive strain injury (RSI).
Below are some commonly seen postures, perhaps you even recognise yours here?
“Provides a targeted selection of exercises that I am using as a cool down after jogging (I am following the Couch to 5k Programme)”– T. Scott, Siemens Plc
Why Does Posture Matter?
When we sit, stand or move repetitively the musculoskeletal system readjusts and over time this becomes a normal movement pattern.
The new movement pattern often requires muscles to contract and lengthen differently which results in joint misalignment and a muscle imbalance, which can lead to loss of movement and chronic pain.
Many people don’t realise what they have done to themselves until they experience fatigue, lack of concentration, neck tightness, headaches, migraines, joint pain or cold hands or feet.
Prevention AND Cure!
Delivered by a qualified Physiotherapist, our “Body Mechanics – Posture, Balance & Flexibility” workshop is a “head to toe” assessment which is interactive, interesting and most importantly, fun!
“It makes me think about certain situations and how I can improve my posture while sitting e.g. at work or driving be more mindful in the future”– B. Ferguson, Equifax UK
We will give you a good understanding of how improving posture, muscle tone, strength and flexibility will boost your mental and physical wellbeing.
Key Deliverables & Learning Objectives
- Educate staff on posture, exercise, strength, flexibility and sedentary behaviour
- Increase personal confidence in how staff look after themselves
- Improve understanding around how posture, exercise, strength, flexibility and sedentary behaviour relates to Musculo-Skeletal Disorders (MSDs) such as Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Show staff how to recognise the signs of muscle imbalances in their own bodies so they can improve and retrain themselves into healthier habits
- Help individuals to create a personal, targeted plan on how to optimise their physical health
- Train staff to recognise the signs and symptoms of MSDs or Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) within themselves AND their colleagues so they can avoid becoming unwell and are able to access available support as soon as possible
- Advise on other ways to strengthen the training, such as the psychology of behaviour change and how physical exercise can play an important role in maintaining good physical and mental health
- Signpost delegates to sources of further information and support (both internal and external within your business) where required
We give you the tools you need to live a better life and can even add height lost by stooping, making you feel stronger and look slimmer!
Post-Course Support and Downloads
After the session we give all attendees access to a VIP area where they can download the Body Mechanics course slides, the printable Handbook and Progress Diary, plus lots of rehabilitation (release/stretch/strengthen) videos to stream to any device.
We’re also on hand after the session to answer questions by phone and email!
“A great session – Makes me aware of how my posture will affect my future health”– M. Razaq, National Grid